In the present days, people instantly associate cake with an oven. They assume that without oven it is impossible to get a cake. We are here to prove them wrong. In the olden days people completely relied on pressure cooker. If one had to be honest, pressure cookers are known to give fluffier and tastier ones!
So if you are stuck home looking for a quick cake fix without an oven then this post is for you. This tasty recipe using pressure cooker will help you make a delicious cake!
For this example, we are going to go with the basic vanilla cake, but you are free to use the frosting of your choice, or perhaps dump in coco powder to make it a chocolate cake – the choice is yours!
- All-purpose flour – 2 and a half cups
- Sugar – 1 and a half cups
- Eggs – 4
- Butter – 1 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
- Baking Powder – 2 teaspoon
- Baking Soda – 1 teaspoon (optional)
- PS – You may make changes according to your needs, some people may require more sugar whereas other may like to lessen it – again, the choice is yours.
- Before starting, you can begin by removing the insulation (the rubbery thing which comes with your cooker cooker since that is not required when it comes to making a cake.
- Avoid using water since that will make your cake into a steamy cake which won’t give you the complete oven-effect.
- Now, coming into the gist of the topic – preheat your pressure cooker like how people preheat their oven. You can close the pressure cooker with its top without insulation. Keep preheating it for about 2-3 minutes (No water please!).
- Put in your batter, including all the ingredients mentioned above, along with the pan. PS- Its important you find a pan that fits easily into your pressure cooker. Also be careful when transferring the pan into the cooker because the cooker is already preheated and hot enough to get your hands burnt.
- Start off by keeping it in medium heat for about 4-6 minutes. After this, lower the heat and keep it for some 40-50 minutes. Make it a point to check your cake every 3-5 minutes, some cake gets cooked extremely fast and we don’t want your cake to get overcooked.
- Once ready, take the pan out of the pressure cooker. Don’t be hasty since it must be extremely hot now. Give it time, and use cooking gloves as a safety measure.
- Once you have your cake out, you can wait till it is completely warm. And then when you are certain, it’s time to decorate with a topping if you prefer to have cake with a cream.
So, now you know how bake cake in a pressure cooker. You can check our reviews of best pressure cookers with pros/cons. For more updates on kitchen appliance reviews, keep visiting us.