Rice is definitely part of the meal in Indian houses. Cooking rice in a cooker has reduced the work and time it takes for cooking rice. But now, electric rice cookers are taking over the traditional cooker and hence you will be able to cook rice much faster and easier. Rice cooker comes with just two options like cooking and keep warm, but just these two options can help you cook a number of dishes. So, it is always good to have the best electric rice cooker at home in order to cook the best recipes for your family.
Compare Top Electric Rice Cookers of India
Before you go to the reviews, here is comparison of top rice cookers which will help you to choose the better one, take a look.
|Product Name||Capacity||User Ratings||Price|
|Singer Rice Cuisine||1.8 L||4.9/5|
|Prestige Delight||1.8 L||4.8/5|
|Bajaj Majesty RCX 28||2.8 L||4.7/5|
|Panasonic SR-WA18-E||4.4 L||4.6/5|
|Philips Daily Collection HD3017-08||1.8 L||4.6/5|
How to Use an Electric Rice Cooker?
Using an electric rice cooker is not a difficult task at all. You need to have to keep a watch on the cooker like you do when you are cooking in a pan or the traditional rice cookers. The electric cookers come with timers and they will change to keep warm mode as soon as the cooking process is completed.
- You should measure the rice that you need for your family. One cup of rice will make around one and half to 1 ¾ of rice once cooked. So, you should take rice accordingly.
- Now rinse the rice once you are done with measuring the rice.
- Now add water to the rice based on the quantity of rice. For one cup of rice, you need to add one and half cups of water. So, now add water accordingly.
- Now add the rice along with the water to the cooker bowl and close the lid.
- Now switch on the cooker and change the cooker to cooking mode.
- You can now relax and get started with other dishes, while the rice gets ready for you.
- Once the cooking is done, your cooker will move into “keep warm” mode where the rice will remain warm and fresh for a long time.
Isn’t simple? Yes, it is and you are going to get the rice cooked in less than 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the quantity of rice that you are cooking.
Top 5 Best Electric Rice Cookers in India 2018
There are so many kitchen brands available in the Indian market and that can be really overwhelming for you to decide which is the best and top brand for your kitchen. If you are planning to buy best rice cooker, then here is the list of top 5 best rice cookers available in the Indian market…
Singer is a very common brand in India and this Singer Rice Cuisine 1.8 Liter rice cooker is their best rice cooker. This cooker comes with two cooking pans, with each of 1.8 Liters capacity. That means, you can cook more without having to worry. Once the cooking process is completed, it automatically switches to keep warm mode and hence the food remain fresh and warm for a long time.
- It comes with a cool touch hand.
- It has an integrated cord.
- It also has a safety micro switch.
- It has a 5 star rating.
- Comes with two 1.8 liters cooking pans.
- It takes a little longer than other electric rice cookers that are available in the market.
Prestige brand is a very popular brand for kitchen appliances in India and you will be able to find at least one appliance from this brand in most of the houses. This rice cooker is not just for cooking rice alone.
In fact, you will be able to make the entire menu for your dinner or lunch using just this rice cooker. You can cook porridge, soups, pulao, idly, steam or boil vegetables and much more.
- The design and color of the rice cooker is just amazing and attractive.
- This rice cooker from prestige comes with detachable power cord.
- Keep warm feature works automatically.
- Everything is just fantastic with this electric rice cooker, except the cooking pot. This is not non stick and hence it can be a problem post cooking.
A brand that sells both home appliances and kitchen appliances in the Indian market and is a very famous brand to the customers is Bajaj. This electric rice cooker Bajaj Majesty RCX is a huge rice cooker and it can cook almost any kind of grain. The lid of this rice cooker is made of stainless steel and hence the food remain hot for a long time.
- The capacity of 2.8 liters is the biggest advantage of this rice cooker.
- The lid comes in stainless steel and hence the food cooks faster and remain hot for a longer time.
- The cooking process is really fast and excellent.
- The only con about this rice cooker is it consumes a lot of power.
- Not suitable for those who are looking for a small electric rice cooker.
Another brand that is very popular in the Indian market is Panasonic. This brand comes up with some amazing designs and features in the electric rice cooker. This rice cooker SR-WA18-E automatic rice cooker is a good choice. The pan of this rice cooker is made of anodized aluminum and the lid comes in stainless steel. The capacity of this cooker is 4.4 liters and this is the best part of the cooker. This is just an ideal choice for large families.
- This product comes with a warranty of 5 years for the heater and the other parts have 2 year warranty.
- Auto shut down feature.
- 4.4 liters of huge capacity.
- The food cooked in the pan will get sticked at the bottom.
Philips daily collection electric rice cooker comes with 3D heating technology which makes cooking faster. The inner pan is also coated golden for non stick clean up facility.
- One touch easy control button.
- The power cord is detachable.
- Faster cooking with 3D technology.
- Takes really longer to cook.
Now, you have to make the choice and pick the best electric rice cookers for your kitchen. We have shortlisted some of the best rice cookers which are having high ratings from users and even approved by our expert reviewer. Hope our article and buying guide will help you to choose better rice cooker.